Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Finally, I can sleep

Well, not really. At least I have one thing to shake off!

Went to SMK All Saints' today. For Public Speaking Competition. I remember mentioning in my post weeks back about being an understudy but in the end, I got chosen for the REAL DEAL. hah. I wanted to tell but I only found out yesterday, which was the day before THE day. haa.
And guess what? I didn't win!! haha. So yeah, I was disappointed that I didn't win but I knew in the beginning, that I had no chance at all. I mean, I only had less than a week to prepare and blahblahblah. I thought Edward was going to be the real deal manatau the teachers changed their minds in the end. So I had to face embarassment T.T

But it wasn't that bad, honest. I think I did okay, though I could do better. The judges were so shocked when I sang All I have to do is dream. The man judge even sang along! So maybe he liked my singing, but my speech wasn't so well off. Oh well, it's my first time and it's an experience. At least I pernah stand on stage and talk for 5 minutes mahh.. :D And also, I managed to finish my speech! Well, not really. I missed an important part, the part where Monty Roberts now live in a big house, on the horse ranch. and I got all mixed up but ok lah. Gah. haha. Oh and the impromptu was so bad, the title was "Talent". And I really sucked in that. I didn't even know what to say. I didn't even want to prepare. But in the end at least I blurted out something and one of the judges was laughing at me. haha. I didn't really care. I smiled at her lah.

In ma's office now. Long story. The school van driver was late so we went to Giant to buy ice-cream, then we ate it at the mamak stall, with banana fritters. Waited for a long time, past school hours, so I called ma and she picked me up from Likas, abandoning the others at the Mamak Stall. Poor thing. I feel so bad but haha, I had an evil plan :D I wanted to come down to ma's office because I wanna go SurSa (Suria Sabah. Blame the Neon lights :D Then you'll understand) to get my zebra baby (: But then, I found out that zebra baby was not as big as I thought it was ): So I bought another pencil box instead. ahh.. who cares. I want quality and quantity at the same time mah (: Though it's not at all ZEBRA-ISH!

Had my "lunch" in KFC. Won't exactly call it lunch as I had it at 4pm! I didn't have my actual lunch, btw. So I can't say that it's my tea break. It's my lunch!!


So, pub. spk is finally over. I have to thank a lot of people, because lots of them helped me along the way (: Although I have no clue whether they will read this or not but here goes :)))

I wanna thank, first and foremost, GOD! For telling me which speech to use and what I should do. And also calming me down while I was on stage. I love You.

Ma, and pa. For encouragement. and also scolding me. haha

Nick. For helping me with my text. Although I din't win, but I still belanja you Choco Top lah :P
Kung. For support. Your words always stick in my head like glue.

Edward. For helping me with my text, again. And teman-ing me to skip classes XD I know you should be chosen, you are a much better candidate but hey! You got assembly next week!! and also try to talk more lah, uncle!

Puan Vicky and Claire. Thanks teachers. Now I know that teachers are also cool :D

Valerie Lim! Lydia and Danial. Thanks for the support, and the funny faces you guys made! Thanks for the coaching too!

Marie. THANK YOU! For giving me ideas for my text. This lady important you know. haha. She helped me with most of my text. And she was the super support system. Always there :D
Aly, Pae Yii, Shnwei. For all the insults and love. haha.

LIANA TEOH! For making me cry when you called last night. Felt super better after talking to you! Thank you very much darling!!

Adam Hiew. For giving me a science lecture. And kacau-ing me when I'm stress enough already!And thanks for reading my text.

Aunties :D For reading my text, again. And for the comments. Felt heart-warmed when you guys gave me the affirmation.

Planetshakers. For the song Nothing is Impossible. It's an awesome song and it helped it all the way, truly Nothing is Impossible with GOD!

And to whoever I missed out. A BIG THANK YOU!! :D

After this whole majigga, I've come to realise a lot of things. A lot of things about fun and love and all. It's not about just the public speaking itself, but it is the whole process. The jokes, the laughing, the headaches ... it sums up the whole thing. It's not just the five minutes on stage but it is the things that happen before that. (:

So yeah! It's an experience that I'll not forget! But I'm SO not doing it next year. haha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And you so tried?