Friday, July 9, 2010

Law Olympiad 2010

Two days ago, Ms. Prisca approached us (Mei Kwan, Audrey, Joey, Edward & I) and told us that there is a competition on July 8th that were supposed to participate in. Good thing is that we can get out of class for one day, bad thing is that the competition is actually on the NEXT day. Which means, we don't have time to prepare a single thing.

The teacher said that the competition is called the Law Olympiad. I have no idea what it was. I've been in the Math Olympiad before. Super tough. I think I only manage to complete ONE question out of the five. It was a nightmare. So when they said it was going to be an 'olympiad', I freaked out because I knew it was gonna be hard. In addition, they put the 'LAW' word in front of the 'olympiad', which hit my butt even harder. Die lah me this time.

We had no idea what it was. 'Makai Law Olympiad oh?' So we were simply guessing and stuff but none of us came out with anything. And then, another problem. Edward, Joey and Audrey had to be in the rehearsals for the school concert, which coincidentally falls on the competition day. What to do? We went to disturb the teachers, during chinese class. haha. Because Chinese Language classes are always boring. teehee

Audrey managed to escape from the rehearsals because the teacher-in-charge of the school choir was kind enough to let her go. Edward and Joey received a huge NO from their teacher. So we had to find substitutes. ='( We came up with Marie and Reuben because we think their English is mad good. There were others like Aly, Shaun, Jac blah blah but the teacher also had to agree on them, and we flipped the coin to choose the final 2. Unanimous pick, I must say. haha

And WALAH! A team is born. Marie, Reuben, Mei Kwan, Audrey and myself. Another form 5 team was also joining. Consisting of Valerie, Lydia, Danial, Yen Yen and Jia Lin.

That day I went home a googled Law Olympiad. Not much info. But enough. I understood a little bit. It was mostly about crime solving lah, and general knowledge. And reuquires a lot of brain juice. Believe me, my brain juice is very dilute. No power one. So I was creeping myself at night. I didn't think that I'm capable for these kind of stuff. I mean, I've never liked law before. I'm born to break laws. hahaha. And I'm not a smart person. Look at Reuben and Mei Kwan's grade and compare them to mine T___T And what's with this find who's the culprit thing? I only watch CSI and Bones on tv. The ambition of being a Crime Scene Investigator is not mine. Leave that to Aly.


Got up the next day and headed to Tshung Tsin Secondary School by van. Our school van. The whole group joked that I shouldn't get in the van because I'm supposed to be a zebra (because most of my things are black & white). oh well. I have a new nickname. the zebra girl. mhai

& the competition starts after that. process process process

*Answering questions
*Thinking hard
*Thinking even harder
*Looking at the other table, they seem calm
*Answer more questions
*Brain juice left - 7%

Join sendiri then you can understand how fun and tough it was!!!


There were breaks between the sections, so we walked around. And I saw Adele!! She's one of the marshalls (I'll explain that later)


And look who ran out of the Science lab to see me (:

haahha. They have to wear this robe thingee during experiments. UGLY!!! But not bad also lah, at least they get to wear something.

The night before the competition, I tricked Liana that I got transferred to her school because my grades were too bad and so was my attitude. And she believed me!! The called me the next day early morning and I told her the same story and she actually bought it!! hahaha.

Okay. Easy to cheat. But oh well, she found out in the end.


The three of us beside the hall :D

While we were squeezing our brain juice like mad, one of the marshalls (prefects of the school but because they're helping in the Olympiad, they're called Marshalls) came to our table and asked whether he can have the dictionary from our table. (The dictionary belongs to them and we only used it like, once and then it was abandoned on the corner of our table) He turned to Audrey and asked and you know what she did?! SHE JUST STARED INTO THE GUYS EYES AND SMILED FOR VERY LONG!!! Like she was transmitting something loh! It was damn funny. Marie and I were giggling. hahahaha. They 电-ed each other. hahahaha.

Oh & another thing Audrey did! Each table was given 2 pencils for you to write your answers and after the whole thing ended, Adele the marshall went to collected the pencils. When she came to our table, she only found 1 so we searched around but the pencils wasn't found. So we were curious but Adele said to just let it be. After that, we had to move to the Multimedia Room (or something) to listen to a talk. While walking out of the hall, Marie found the pencil! Any idea where it was??? It was on *drumroll please AUDREY'S HAIR!!



HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!


Why was it there? She stuck it in there when we were answering the last paper!! SO NGONG OHHHH!!! So we were laughing our heads off because it was, really funny. And cheapskate!!! Pencil also wanna steal...

So we went up to the Multimedia Room. We were still laughing at the pencil incident and when I saw the Marshall of our table (yeaps. Each table/group has their own marshall. COOL LEH! Like a personal butler =D) so I took the pencil and shouted "MARSHALL!" Surprisingly he looked back so I held up the pencil and all of us laughed again. The Marshall was so blur and we were laughing so hard. So awkward. Oh. The Marshall which was in charge of us few is actually friends with Reuben and Mei Kwan. So it was funny. Mei Kwan rolled her eyes at him summore! So bad ohh..

After the talk it was the prize giving...


OH WE DIDN'T WIN!!!

they did. SM Stella Maris

But at least we didn't get last place!!! We were last during the first round loh! We only got 8 out of 30!!!! I think we did better lohh!! Must have been a really big mistake. I didn't think we're that bad. Oh well!!! There's next year. hehehe

Then it was lunch (: So happy because I didn't have my breakfast and my stomach was growling like mad plus a lot of brain juice and energy was used up!!!

Tshung Tsin canteen food really not bad.



While waiting for the van to come pick us up..we camwhored!




all of us from kk high.

with Adele!


Marie and I. She's grown *taller


Mei Kwan and I. First time so nice oh the shot. She normally makes weird faces hahaha



The siblings.haha

So yeah. That's all. Had a blast. Hope to join again next year. The whole Law Olympiad is organised by HELP University College by the way. Google it. (:

1 comment:

suhaisweet said...

Visiting here friend, cool blog n n3..nice..Very special brought for u.. Check it out!