Friday, February 25, 2011

I did watch.



Promised myself that I won't watch a single bit of American Idol this year just because Simon Cowell is not in the judging panel anymore.

Well, you can't stop the family from watching. =O

They're addicted to reality shows just like me.

Started off watching this season with the auditions. The best part about American Idol, and any other singing competition, is the auditons. People who sign up for this are just so, WEIRD! You get cool people and hot people. And then there are those who don't really look good, but perform good. Then comes those who are 'the whole package' outside, but can't hit a single note. Some just want to be on tv, some lack of personality, and some just have nothing better to do on a Wednesday morning.

Season 10, is no doubt, one of the seasons that found many hopefuls during the auditions. I find this year different compared to the other seasons because there were many young, and talented people who joined in this competition. Not fogetting the panel of NEW judges. Steven Tyler from Aerosmith. Their song which plays on the radio 43 times a day. Jennifer Lopez, a person that I look up to and Randy Jackson, the senior of all the judges this year, GO DAWG!


*************


They're now at the stage where they choose their top 24. So far I think that they're choices are not that bad. Those that I didn't really enjoy watching are out, and those whom I love to see in the finals had made it through...


Except for this man..


Meet Chris Medina.

I bet this guy touched many hearts during the audtions, even the judges. If Simon Cowell was on the show I totally think he would salute this man.

You see, Chris Medina was just a normal guy, who loves music and was in love with a girl named Juliana. And they were going to start a life together. Until one day, Juliana got into an accident. So sad. Juliana's brain was badly damaged and she now cannot really speak, and has to sit in a wheel chair.

Chris didn't leave her, you know. He stood by her and made himself responsible to her. He takes care of her and continues to love her, and support her.

His singing is like, super good. But he didn't make the cut. So sad. Even JLo cried because she was the one who delivered the bad news to him. I think I'd cry too. How can you tell a man who is so kind hearted that he didn't make it, even if he's so good?!


**************


Cheer up Mr. Medina!! Because your days of glory won't be over so soon. You have a girl to take care of, and a voice to share with people. Continue singing!!!


You don't really have to be the top 24 to be famous...

just like this, another guy =O

Last year, a normal Asian dude who's living in the US decided that he'd join American Idol. During the audition, I think he was good but not really good. In Hollywood, he was getting better but I still wasn't really fond of him. hehehe. I think I was into Tim Urban at that time, and Didi Benami.

In the end, I think he got into the top 36 and didn't make it after that.

So sad. But he didn't give up. After that, John Park, who's a Korean returned to his motherland to pursue his dreams of becoming a singer. He joined a local reality show in Korea and TAADAH!!!!!


He's now a superstar.

Unbelievable? It CAN happen. You just cannot give up and continue striving for what you wand (: If this guy can make it, I'm sure others out there can too =D

I'm inspired by these two men. Chris, because he is always there for Juliana, the one he loves no matter what and John, for he believes in himself and pursues his dreams.


No comments: