Saturday, August 20, 2011

Brighton Day Two- The day we froze

Hey! So here's day 2!! =D

We woke up early the morning the next day. Perhaps at around 5am. The sky was already bright then. The 6 of us were jet-lagged, waking up early in the morning, and did the lamest thing the world could ever think of. EAT LEFTOVER FISH & CHIPS!!!

hahaha

Well, we were a bit hungry and we shouldn't let good food go to waste, right??

After Uncle Dennis and Sai Kuma woke up we told them about our early 'breakfast' and they said we were supposed to feed the leftovers to the birds outside their house =O Or the foxes. HUH?!? Yeah they said that there were foxes around but we didn't see any. But po, ma, and I did feed the birds and they were very sneaky!!!


picture before leaving. Checked out all the sweet stuff that Sai Kuma stocked for us to being home. KIT KATTTTTT!!!

Headed out early for Sunday Mass in a Catholic Church. It was over at Hove, the other part of Sussex, correct me if I'm wrong. Uncle Dennis used to work there last time if I'm correct. Service was interesting. It was the shortest mass I've ever been to. Guess how long was it???


45 minutes!!!!


IKR!! It was fast and short and sweet. Whoo! The church was also pretty. All churches are pretty =)

Started to rain after that. Rushed to the car.


Next stop : Breakfast!


Went to a place called Wetherspoons. Cool place with a very warm vibe (:
There's something not right about this pic. Try spotting it =P

The menu. Uhm, looked through it but didn't order anything. Sai Kuma ordered for us newbies. hehehe


My drink. Hot chocolate. KICK LAH!!! My brother got jealous because he only had tea. HAHA


Sauces from the sauce table!! They just leave it there and let you guys take whatever you want. So good oh~ So uhm, we took one each as souvenirs =O


So here is breakfast!


The very famous Kidney Pie. I loved it. It was nice, and different. haha. Ma and po didn't like it because they said that the kidney pie smelt weird. Only pa seemed to enjoy. I think it's nice but my plate better!!!


English breakfast?? Hungry already?


Nick and I shared a portion. Baked beans (their beans are way smaller than what we have here!), sunny side up (the egg), tomato, mushroom, hash brown, sausage and bacon!!! It's more than enough for the both of us. hehehehe

Maybe only enough for me because Nick didn't want the mushroom and tomato so all I gave him was half of the sausage, some bacon, baked beans and half of the egg. HAHA. And I bet he didn't take a single bite of that kidney pie. Poor him.


BACON!


I took a picture with the waiter there. He's also a muscian, I heard. HAHA. Ma and the rest were daring me to take a picture with him, I don't know why. LOL


After breakfast, walked acrossed the street and found TESCO! A supermarket! WHOO!
Our family has some kind of craving about going in to supermarkets. Ma wants to look at stuff (maybe like what brand of soap they have), pa likes to look at yogurt and stuff, my grandpa took interest of bread and pastry, my po is always tempted by vege and fruits and cheese, nick likes to grab chips and sweet stuff. And me? CANDY!!!!

So yeah. If we have no idea where to go we'd probably end up in Tesco or Sainbury's or ASDA.



After that, we walked around Hove. Only for a while. I'm emphasizing on the A WHILE. Within that time, kung bought a lawnmower and po managed to purchase a food processor. I don't know how they did it. They just did. HAHAHAHA. I'm not going to comment on that!!!


Sai Kuma and Uncle Dennis dropped us at The Marina because they had to attend a tea party. It was the Duke & Duchess of Richmond's Wedding Anniversary. They're close friends of my uncle and aunt so they had to go wah. =D So cool they have these kind of tea party stuff. *jealous

*We also visited their house so stay tuned to the posts coming up!


The Marina.
It's like The Marina we have here in Sutera harbour, only bigger and it's open to public!!! Bad thing is that we froze to death here. I had my hands in my pocket the whole time and I bet po's toes were numb. Walked around a factory outlet, where Nick bought a jumper for only 5 pounds. Quite cheap lah but I didn't get anything. I was cold.


Had some donuts.
The only donuts we had for the whole trip and it was delish.


Saw a Ben & Jerry's vending machine!! Is it cool or what?!?!?!?!


So this is the front of the Marina, where we found this chinese ship thingy. I think it's a restaurant. The whole walk along The Marina was really nice, but it was REALLY COLD!!!! Not forgetting the wind! It blew, uhm, continuously and trust me, no one's hair was neatly combed that day.


Loved the sails (:


Saw a character from Toy's Story walking around =O




In the end, we couldn't stand the cold. Po and kung surrendered and decided to have lunch in Subway. Nick followed. I followed ma and pa who chose to dine at a small coffee house!

I had apple struddle.

After that, we walked for a bit. And entered another supermarket! Asda! But we ended up in George, the department in the supermarket where they sold clothes and shoes and socks and underwear. Trust me, George itself is bigger than the whole Parkson we have here! I think we spent about 2 hours there alone in George and by the time we were done, the supermarket was closing. SAD! We didn't even get to walk downstairs.

Stores closed early that day. At 5pm because it was a Sunday! Ended up sitting on the benches outside Asda. And then we went into McDonalds' to stay warm. Went back to the square of the Marina and you know where we hid?! Underneath the stairs of a hotel. SO KESIAN OH WE WERE LIKE HOMELESS KIDS COLD AND LOST!! And then we switched to the bowling alley, then cinema, then back to the bowling alley again. Gave up. Stayed there for a long time.

Trust me, it was the first time all of us felt really cold. HAHAHA

Luckily Sai Kuma and Uncle Dennis came to pick us up and we went back to their place. ALL OF US WERE SERIOUSLY FREEZING!!!!!

Just thinking about that day makes me cold.

Didn't go out that night. All of us were tired. Tried chinese takeaway for the first time. They really deliver it to your doorstep! And it tasted good!!!

Folded in early that day due to exhaustion!!

So that was how our day ended!!! hahaha. Stay tuned for day 3!! It's half a day in Brighton and we headed to Belgium!!

No comments: