Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day Three - Brighton to Oostende!

*This is the phase where 6 foreigners move from one foreign country to the other foreign country!

Woke up again, early in the morning hehehehe. And then we took a walk around the housing area where my aunt and uncle lived in for more than 17 years ( I use 17 because they lived there even before I was born so... yeah. It's probably around 30 years or so =/)

The housing area there is, MASSIVE!! And the flowers there are so pretty and colourful. I got so caught up with all the flowers and trees and I was really far behind. Pa, ma, and sai kuma left me behind HAHAHA Didn't get to walk the whole housing area (trust me, it would take DAYS) but at least I managed to snap pictures of other people's flowers/gardens and their very vintage-looking houses!



So pretty kan?
AHHH I wanna go back I'm not done snapping!!


Love the houses there! They're like so old but still so pretty.
FULL OF CHARACTER!
If houses here get old they usually smash them into bits and build a new one ='((
Y U NO PRESERVE OLD HOUSE!!?


Poppy (:
You will be seeing a lot of this flower! It's actually used to make a type of drug, which I forgot the name. You cannot see it in Malaysia because it's banned (I think...)


See the snails there also so pretty! HAHA



I have no idea what these are but I think this is one of the pictures I liked most. So exotic eh!


One last picture before we leave. (:


So Uncle Dennis and Sai Kuma dropped us at a bus stop. We waited there for around half an hour for our coach to come. Again, it was freezing ( I have no idea how they survive! It's only summer and it's already so freezing cold )

After riding on the road for a few hours, we had packed lunch at a rest-stop. Didn't take any pictures there because we were rushing for time. Then, we changed into another coach. This time, it was a bigger one. And it's red. WHOOOO!


Oh yeah. I forgot to state that we were actually going to Belgium!!!! =___=
Sorry about that.

A lot of people asked me where is Belgium. I wouldn't know if you ask me before but I googled it after I came back. HAHA. Which means I didn't even know where was I while I was there!!

So here's a map.
It's just basically across the sea.
We rode a ferry from Dover to Calais.


Me on the ferry. The top deck.


The ferry was extremely big!!! And I don't know why I didn't bother to take the inside of the ferry. Probably because I preferred to be outside, looking at the sea. But again it was freezing cold + the wind was blowing very strongly!!

It's not like the ferry that we have here. The ones that we ride on to get to Labuan. This one is extremely huge, is fully air-conditioned, few decks for you to visit. Has yummy-looking but expensive (to us) food at the food court, arcades, coffee lounges and a duty free shop.

Trust me, I think it's bigger that the Star Cruise I went on when I was a twelve. You can lose 100 calories per deck if you run quick enough. XDD


The ferry ride was about 45 minutes. Took the time in the ferry to get some rest, nap and munched on some chips.

You can even sleep there because there are so many chairs at the waiting lounge =O


AND HERE WE ARE. ANOTHER PART OF THE WORLD (:

TADAH!!!
We haz arrived Belgium!!
*note the chalk wall (I think it's called a chalk wall. Please correct if wrong. It is chalk you know =P) behind...


After travelling for HOURS! On the road and across the sea. Across borders. We finally arrived at Oostende, Belgium. trees! How abnormal =O

OH another funny thing. When we hoped on to the bigger coach at the rest stop, the people in the coach asked me whether I got the right coach. HAHA. That's because the whole coach was filled with people over 40 years old, I think. Nick and I were the youngest ones there. HAHAHAHA

The uncle asked me, "Young lady did you get on the wrong coach? You should be going to Disneyland or something. We're going to Belgium, FYI"

HAHAHA. All I did was smile.


So we stayed in a hotel next to the beach. I loved Oostende. We stayed there throughout the trip. Usually the coach leaves early morning to other cities in Belgium and then we come back to Oostende in the evenings. Good right? I must say, one who loves nice places MUST visit Belgium. I WANNA GO BACK!!!


Belgium itself, made me want to study Architecture. Plainly because the buildings there are so tall and pretty and unusual. They look like houses and buildings from story books, those that you never imagine seeing in real life. The roofs were so unique in its own way and the structure of the buildings were so fantastic. It cannot be described, it was so pretty. I think I was culture shocked by the buildings, not the people. They were just so amazing.

But now the thought of being an architecture has vanished. HAHAHA. Just because.


So upon arrival we checked into the hotel, and had dinner at 8pm in the hotel restaurant. Yeah.

Our menu....
Bread & butter
Soup of the Day/salad, followed by
Meat, Vege, and potato (substitute for rice), and
Dessert!



Dinner wasn't really that extravagant, but it was yummy. We had the same thing over and over again but the way of cooking was different. We had beef on the first day, then chicken, the pork, then beef again. For potatoes it was first baked, salad, fried, mashed. Like that lah. It was the same thing but they cooked it different.

Our days usually ends early in Belgium because shops close at 5pm. Good thing is that you can walk along the beach, and the park. Bad thing is you might not stand the breeze and end up staying in your hotel room, waiting for dinner to be served.

After dinner there are no night markets for us to hang kai, so Nick and I usually watch Disney shows on Belgium's Disney Channel. HAHAHA. It's in English, chillax.


Uhm, so day 3 is basically travelling.

Up next is,
Belgium! Jaw-dropping churches and strawberries (:

P.S: Holidays next week!

No comments: