Monday, June 28, 2010

My water moments

We organized our very first water war in our Sunday School, which took place yesterday morning!! The theme for that Sunday was splash-a-thon!

It was the teachers idea to get wet in one of the Sundays, since the weather has been very humid. Kids were excited and so were we (teachers and assistants). Everyone brought their water guns and put on their swimsuits.

The kids were split into 6 groups for the games.
We player the famous newspaper game, where the leader of the group had to wear a piece of newspaper. 3 kids were given water guns to attack other teams while the other kids act as a shield in the group. The main thing you have to do is to protect your newspaper (and your leader) from getting wet.


kids anxiously waiting for the game to begin


AND THE GAME STARTS!!
The boy with a water squirt @.@
Some kids were smart enough to come up with crazy ideas. Using the cheapest things you can find in supermarkets, instead of wasting a fortune on water guns.

How creative.


Chilli bottle vs. big water gun.


This little boy, Joshua could have won best shield! If such award was given. He just stood there like a rock to protect his leader and let other teams shoot him with water. BRAVO!


war war war


Some kids didn't seem to enjoy..
Poor boy. He didn't bring his water gun and refused to get wet so he stood there during round one! His father went back home to get his water gun and he was okay after that. He ended up being all wet, and his shoes were filled with water!


Leader with newspaper




Older kids had their game plan





Parents enjoyed the splash-a-thon too!!


And it all ended with a SSSPPPLLLAAASSSHHH!!!!!

******


After the kids went to the toilet to change, we assistants took a chance to shoot a group photo! Knowing that Nuffnang is organizing a competition called my water moment with Sony TX5, I informed the other assistants about it, and they were all eager to capture a really brilliant photo, hoping that we, together will be able to win the camera.

As an assistant in the Sunday School, I always wanted to capture moments when the children are having fun. I do not get much opportunity because my camera is bulky, which is hard for me to carry around since I'm always chasing the children up and down the hall. But with TX5, I can simply slip the camera in my pocket, and take it out whenever I see some kid smiling with glee! If, I said IF, I really won this camera, it will be really great because I can use it in the Sunday School, when I'm having fun & even when I'm chasing kids. And also when I'm sweating since the camera is water-proof. hehe


So here's the picture!!
We all decided to snap one perfect picture because we didn't want to waste water! And we also help the church save up on water bill!

Amount of water: 2 buckets (not full)
People in photo: the 6 assistants :D Joshua, Samuel, Liana, myself, Zachary and Zhong.
Attempt to shoot: 1
Fun-o-meter: 10000000000 :DD



There you go!




Liana and I soaking wet!
All of us getting dry under the sun. haha


***********
So... What's so great about this Sony Cyber-shot TX5? Isn't it just like any other camera??

First of all. This is a 10.2 megapixel camera, with 4x optical zoom. Special features include Intelligent Sweep Panorama, which to me is super perfect because I always face problems like shooting a big bunch of people in a very pretty place. The pictures come out disappointing, and the big bunch of people blame me for not doing a good job ='( Features also include the famous handheld twilight and the best of all, the 4 proofs.

4 proofs?! Really so geng meh? What are they, exactly?? Here's the deal..

It's Water-proof!! I will be able to capture amazing underwater pictures up to 3m deep for up to about an hour!! Forget an hour, I would die to take a picture underwater for a second. Oh and if we have another splash-a-thon, I will be able to take better photos of the kids getting wet!! And I will be able to get wetter, since I'm in the middle of the whole chaos!

***

Temperature-proof. Oh yeah! I remember going to Korea back in 2007 during winter and it was super cold. My Olympus camera at that time couldn't withstand the freeze, and I had to keep it in my pocket for a few minutes to warm. haha. Then, I'll take it out to shoot 3 to 4 pictures, that it'll turn off by itself due to the cold. So I missed a lot of nice views..aawwhs.

But this chic camera keeps on shooting even below freezing point up to –10ÂșC!!! So I'll be able to shoot penguins and polar bears if I get the chance to visit the north/south poles! Sweet!

Superb, or what?!

***

For a clean freak like me, this camera fits my cleanliness criteria because it is dust-proof!! This is a totally awesome feature! I often find dust sticking onto the camera of my lens. I usually have no idea what to do with the dust. So, my images come out with some white spots, which affects the quality of the photo.

But since this camera is dust-proof. I'm sure that pictures will turn out better. No matter where I am or how dirty the place is!! I can do photoshoots in the construction site and the pictures still come out clean and stunning!!

& the camera still stays clean and pretty!

***

And best of all, it's shock-proof!!! :D
The shock-proof design of the Cyber-shot TX5 allows drops of up to a height of 1.5m, the usual height we hold the camera for photo-taking.

I don't know about other photographers, but I'm usually really careful with my camera. The bad thing is, no matter how careful I am, I'm still born clumsy. My hands are somehow like soap, everything slips off once a while.

I almost dropped my new camera in the WELL when I was in China! Talk about clumsy!!!

*If I really had this camera, it won't matter even if I dropped it in the well! Because it's water-proof!! COOL!! But I just need to find a way to pull it back up, that's all. haha!



The best thing is, this camera is light-weight, only around 128g!! And it's really compact and small. Which means I can just simply slip it in my handbag/backpack or even in my pocket!!


This chic camera comes in 5 colours.
5 colours?! What a range! Normal high quality cameras, like DSLRs only comes in 2 colours max. Which means that we have limited choices.

But with 5 colours, photo lovers have the chance to choose a camera that suits their personality and lifestyle!!

Green, for nature lovers and adventurers.
Pink, Not too much, but not too little either, great for young girlfriends!
Red, brings out the feminine in every lady.
Silver, the colour that suits all, and still looks chic!
Black, for the emo-s & everyone who just likes coolness :D

I love this one in red!!
Normally I find digital cameras which are red in colour a little bit over the top. But not with this one. The design of the TX5 really brings out the colour. Allowing the camera to look pretty, breathtaking, and professional at the same time.


The standard retail price for this oh-so-awesome camera is RM1499.00. T___T I really want it. But I'm running out of cash. I only have RM45 in my piggy bank right now, serious.

For more info about the camera, click here.



I love this photo! But it'll be a thousand times more lovable if I had the TX5 baby :D

No comments: