Wednesday, January 26, 2011

To be, not to be

Something happened today. whalao. I feel offended; that half of it is true.

[scene starts]

[location: school compund]
[time: noon]
[event: pre-rehersal for sports day]

*Me fanning away with my hand while waiting for the prerehersal to start
*Band starts, we start marching
*Me approaching the location where we do the 'hormat' (repect)

{conversation begins}
Girl A: Whoa. This girl hold the sepanduk?
Girl B: Eww. Not pretty one
Girl A: Yaloh. I thought the one who holds the sepanduk have to be really pretty
Girl B: I thought so too. If she can be the one holding, I also can lah...
{conversation ends}

*eavesdropping end...

[scene end]



And how to I feel?
For those of you who experienced this before, perhaps in a different situation, you'll know how I felt when I heard it with my own ears. I'm not here for a slight pint of sympathy, but I'm asking all girls/boys who have gone through this situation to continue to do what you're doing despite the nasty critics; stand up on your two feet and prove to them that you're able, and worthy to do it. I believe that we do things in life for a purpose, no matter what they say about you, it's not important.


What's important is that you have to remember that you're doing it for God, not for men.

I'm doing it to glorify Him, not to please homo sapiens.

So what if you think I'm not pretty? I'm beautiful because I'm His creation.

AND SO ARE YOU.

No comments: