Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Jane, Jane

This might not be the perfect family portrait, but it's the perfect family :)
Captured Dec 2008, in Ah Set yiyi's padang, by kau fu.



I watched Becoming Jane on Saturday night. Starring Anne Hathaway as Jane, and James McAvoy, as Tom. (gah! I knew it was him!!!!).



The story's about how the famous Jane Austen became, well, Jane Austen. It was pretty boring at first, but then it was really great when it came to the middle part. and the end was okay.


I so liked the way that they danced!!!! HA! Very cool and people today won't probably do those dances anymore. If anyone's doing, you must teach me! Dude! Those cool moves :)




This was when Jane attended some kind of ball. I think it was the Lady something's ball. See the tall blonde guy standing at the right side of the picture, he's the Lady's nephew (Wisley). Who wants Jane to marry him. And also her dance partner, at that time. Tom Jones (James McAvoy) was another girl's dance partner. (gosh... I know you don't really get it. Watch the movie larh)





Jane and Tom. At the gate of Jane's house. They ran away. awww. But then, Jane decided to go home and leave Tom :( because she found out that Tom had to make money for his family who lives in the village somewhere. kesian....I like this picture BTW





I love Jane Austen in the movie so much. She was so independant, and so lovable. :) And it's a pretty good love story. Maybe it's not considered as a love story because both of them weren't together in the end. sigh. Tom married another woman and had a daughter, while Jane stayed single. But they still had love for each other, I think.

3 comments:

baby_sy88 said...

Hmm...u're into love stories lately?? haha

Feel intrigued by the movie you mentioned,but why lar the movie don't have happy ending....(doink~) if happy ending then I'll watch it...haha

Btw, u r right, ur family photo is SO COOL!!!! Looks like a poster for some reality show/movie/tv drama series etc. (u get it...haha)

Laura said...

you make me want to watch... :p
must ask roomies if they have it or not. lol xD

and i love your family photo!! everyone in white. <3<3

iiyee said...

thanks for the family photo compliment... hehe. Will tell the photographer, my kau fu =P

Shin Yi, I just happened to watch Becoming Jane cause it aired on Star Movies. hehehe.