Thursday, January 7, 2010

[15th Dec, 09] China - Day 1

My family and I, including my aunt's (My father's 2nd sis') joined a trip back to our hometown (yes. It's really our hometown, in China) called Dabu, located in GuangDong, China. 46 of us from the Sabah Tai Poo association joined this trip back home :D

the group

Hmmm...sounds grand aye? Not really. When people nowadays think China, their minds go, Birdnest, Olympics 08, The great wall, ...

Yes, that's China but the region that I went was nowhere near that. No Great wall, no Birdnest, no eating wong-ngah-pak (my friends told me that this is the only type of vege that they ate in China..)

Ever heard of Dabu? No right. I know that place because my greatgrandfather was from there and we joined the association here in KK so the name is familiar, not the place XD I have no idea where that town is and when I found out that we were going there for holidays, I had to google it. =="

So okay, Dabu is something like a city. Like Putatan in Sabah? More or less. It's located in GuangDong, I think GuangZhou is the capital. GuangZhou, the big city, any clues????? Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou?? The big cities?? Any ideas?? If your answer is still no, go knock the stupid out of yourself. According to our tourist guide, Dabu is one of the safest place in China, and also the most - let's put it this way - untouched.



Like 95% of Dabu are trees. haha.



OKAY >>>

Arrived ShenZhen airport at around 10 am. Went there by AirAsia, the flight was pretty good. I met a Chinese - China girl lah dui - on the plane and we only started talking like, 30 minutes before the plane landed. haa. Before that the whole plane was sleeping XD Had our lunch in ShenZhen city. The meal was quite weird, must say. But it's all hakka food so some we recognised. :D
haa. smart dog. sniffs the luggages to check whether got drug or not.




taxis. loads of them in the airport


where we had lunch.



tiny prawns. yuck.









fish. with lots of bones


After makan, ventured out from the restaurant. I didn't like that restaurant.

eee...can see kah?!


Cute aye? TOO BAD!! Why? Because they don't belong to the restaurant owner as pets. They're FOOD. yes. You order, they slaughter, they cook. YOU EAT.

How can they put the puppies outside for everyone to see?
They're too cute to eat!!



fter lunch we rode on the tour bus for two hours to HuiZhou. Why did we go there? To look at the lake. ?!?!?! Yeap, to view the oh-so-beautiful West Lake, so they say.


But the weather was not with us. It was raining. So we quickly went down to take pictures then went back up to the bus. And then another thing happened, a guy from our group went to the kiosk there to buy umbrella. And then his wallet was snatched.


By a snatch-thief lah of course if not his brother ah?! The tour guide called the police and everything lalala. Poor old man.




We spot the first McDonalds. Sadly, it's only a kiosk T__T


Few hours later, the police found his wallet, but all the money was gone. Oh well, IC and other cards are still in it so it's great. The Police in China is good, I must say.

After the lake... went to another place called HeYuan. Ate dinner there. Almost the same type of dish. I tried the wong jiu (hakka wine) and my head started itching. And then my whole body. And then I was burning red.



the itch-causing drink. only to me. Those old men drink the whole bottle, no rasa pun.

one thing great about having hakka food all day is that there's always tofu. me likey :P
This one is really yummy. Tofu-upside down. Meat underneath, macam bacon :D


Cases like this won't happen when I drink wong jiu in KK, except for my face bring red lahh...but that's normal. Had no idea why it happened. I tried again the next day and the same thing happened. garh.

see? This is no photoshop or lighting, it's real. I was really that red

Now thinking of it my head feels itchy already. eee...

So okay, after dinner we went to 'menyaksikan' Asia's #1 Musical Fountain. HAHA. When I read the travel itenary (which was in chinese) I tought we were going to a glacier.

Manatahu it's only a fountain in the middle of a lake. And it was sooooo COLDD!!I only wore a long-sleeved shirt and I just jumped down the tour bus. After that I complained that it's cold outside (those who is afraid of the whether stayed in the tour bus -.-) ma asked, "you didn't wear jacket meh?". I shooked my head. Then she said I was insane. !! What? Think I'm insane too.

Well think again. My jacket is in the suitcase.
The suitcase is under the tour bus..where they keep all the luggages.







lame.




Ling che (my cousin) and I fuuurrreeezeeeing



Checked into MinZhu hotel in HeYuan. Went down to one of the kedai runcit one or two streets away from the hotel to buy some fruits, and ice-cream (addicted to eating ice-cream when it's cold since the Korea trip back in 2007). Then tidur lahhh...


Sharing room with Nick.



OHH! While I was watching tv in the hotel, I saw someone I recognise (and actually like, ahem) from the Hong Kong drama series I watch in KK.

Chan Kin Fung!!
Yeah I know he got English name. Sammul mah. I prefer calling him Chan Kin Fung. Sam-mul sounds weird.

Bubble gum that we bought in Terminal 2





Haa. This is only day 1. I know I'm posting really slow but. Tunggu lah.

No comments: