Friday, January 30, 2009

Chinese New Year Post

Finally I have the shortest time to post something. The kids had gone out to buy something with kau fu, so I can sneak a bit...

'Nhin Chor yat', otherwise called CNY day 1 was usual. Went to 'bai nhin' in mahmah's place. Great to see every family member in a day, which is a very hard 'gei wui'. All the uncles and aunties, cousins and nephews + nieces came, except for sam kuma and sai kuma. Miss them soooo much. I followed Elaine to her grandma's place after that. Loved the curry :) Her aunt is a really great cook. Oh...her cousins are really cool too.

Later that day, I just chilled at home. Watched tv, then later went to po's place. FOOD!

Second day? Erm...kung's open house. Invited their friends and family over. Was a really busy day. Sweats all morning. And then in the evening, we ate leftovers, nasi lemak and curry and spagetti. Yum...
Okay, I'm feeling hungry right now. Didn't eat dinner know...

Ah... just when I thought I was going to have a break from all the noise and food, nhin chor 3 came. =.= SAME FOOD, SAME NOISE! But :) (It's a happy but) Marie and Aly came to my place!!! =) Karee was sick so she didn't join us. Taught both of them to play 'ha kung lou hai'. Can't believe they never played this before!! And then they went home. My day was straight away like, kluang kluang kluang. Dinner at po's again after that. zzz

Hooray day 4! A day to visit your friends, according to the tradition. Woke up at 9+ and had to go to Reuben's place at 10. Gosh...Followed ma, pa and Nick to grab a plate of Beaufort mee. Was late to arrive at Reuben's house. It was scary you know. I forgot to bring the map but ma said she knew the place so we went. Then, I forgot what number was his house. I went into house no.27 (because I remembered it was either 7, 21 or 27)... poeple in there were speaking Malay! I was bloody freaked out and I ran out of the house. So I called his house, he said it was 27 =.= Then I went in again. pfft. The ones speaking Malay was his younger brother, and his friends. dui...

Saw Mei Kwan, Joey, Syafi, Heng and her sister when I arrived. Oh...and Reuben's older brother (eir...so fun to have an older brother oh....jealous), Aaron. They were playing black jack. And that was what they basically did all morning and afternoon. Had pizza, and cookies, and Milo. I almost fell asleep!! ... because I didn't bring any money so I can't play with them and what I only did was watch them play, which was pretty boring if you did it for the whole day.

Okay, I need to slow things down.

Went home at 2. Then, slept. haha.

After that, we had a family night out!! whee! Miss those fun days. Only pa, ma, Nick and I!!! Headed to the cinema!! whoots~ Watched INKHEART. Starring Brandon Fraser =) Nice show, I wanna read the book! I like the Ali-baba thief. hahaaaa..

"I don't want to go back into my stinky old book!!"

Went to Kiulu river today! hehe..Uncle Galvin's family also joined in. The water was really cold, chilly. Kiulu is not at all the old Kiulu, like pa brought us there the first time. They built a Pusat Kokurikulum at the opposite, where the rumah panjang and the camp site was last time. awwhh... I want the rumah panjang!! But then..It's now a tall orange building. boo!

We had tamparuli mee again =.= Oh, and Gayang. And then, it's a day. No dinner oh!!

Kesimpulannya,

CNY = makan, minum, lepak = gemuk.

the end.
I'm hungry =P

No comments: